This project comes from a desire to make a gameboy game, to meet the simplicity and the elegance of the game boy hardware.

Developped in C with the GBDK-2020, if you know me, you know that I don't like creating graphical assets for game, so this time I paid some people to make them for me. The result is very good, I'm very proud of what I've created.

The game doesn't take me too much time to do, about 1 month to make the main components. I tried to make it the most generic possible but I'm not a monster in C. After that, I've been busy in my social & professional life. I really want to advance in the level design but it's not my cup of tea and since I moved to Linux, I need to reinstall the project and make a Makefile, reinstall Tiled and rewrite python scripts a bit.

The game works on the original hardware, it's better to play it on GBC at least, since the player moves a bit fast.


Content also available on gemini://

More info about Gemini protocol